This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand everything you need to know about the what, why and how’s of our data gathering and processing operations, and what your legal rights are.
We hope you’ll take some time to read this document; we’ve tried to keep it all as simple as possible and we will keep you informed if there are any changes to the way we process your personal data in the future, before making them.
IT World Insights takes its responsibility of protecting your data very seriously and we do advise you to get to know our practices — If there’s anything in this policy you don’t understand or if you want to ask any questions, please feel free to contact us using any of the details below.
What kind of personal data might we ask you to provide?
IT World Insights will only ever ask for personal data if it is required for a specific purpose; with that in mind, we have created a full list of all the kinds of personal data that we may ask you to provide in order to achieve those purposes. The kinds of personal data we may collect are:
|Data subjects:||Data categories:|
|Temporary or agency staff||Name, address, telephone, email, work and education history,|
|Client||Name, address, telephone, email,|
|Prospect||Name, telephone, email,|
|Leads||Name, address, DOB, telephone,|
|Partners||Name, address, telephone, email|
Why do we collect personal data?
We will use personal data firstly to fulfil any contractual obligations that exist between us and yourself; where we request personal data be provided to meet the terms of any such contract you will be required to provide the relevant personal data or we will not be able to deliver the goods and/or services you want. In such cases, the lawful basis of us processing the personal data is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract.
We may also process your personal data in accordance with our legitimate business interests; this is on the considered measure that we need the personal data to achieve the various purposes and that it could be reasonable for an individual to expect their data to be used for those purposes.
Our data processing activities conducted on the lawful basis of ‘legitimate interests are:
- To provide you with goods and services you are looking for
- To inform you of other goods and services we provide, or offers that may interest you (direct marketing)
- To recognise when customers re-engage with our services
- To allow us to support and maintain our products in active service
We may also process your personal data in order for IT World Insights to comply with our various legal obligations; this might include:
- Providing for financial commitments between us and yourself, or to relevant financial authorities
- Cooperating with relevant authorities for reporting criminal activity, or to detect and prevent fraud
- To investigate any insurance claims, claims of unfair dismissal, claims of any kind of harassment or of discrimination, or any other claim whereby we may have to defend ourselves.
Where we have received your consent to do so we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To inform you of the goods and services provided by our partners or other third-party organisations
You may withdraw your consent for us to process your personal data for these purposes at any time; after a withdrawal of consent request is received we may contact you to verify the request.
Withdrawing your consent for us to process your personal data will not affect the lawfulness of the processing beforehand.
Where did we obtain your personal data?
Other than collecting data directly from you;
We source personal data from some publicly accessible sources such as Companies House
We may gather personal data from sources including:
- From third party organisations, which can mean your personal data has been provided directly by another company for a specific purpose, or where you may have accessed our platforms through a third party online service
If you would like more information about how IT World Insights uses internet cookies please see our cookies policy
Who might we share your information with?
In order to achieve the above-stated purposes for which we process your personal data, we may need to share your personal data with various third-party service providers who act as data processors.
We may share your personal data with third party organisations acting as data controllers or with specific individuals, groups or other organisations who act as neither data controllers nor data processors, but only where we are either legally required to do so by law or where doing so is necessary to achieve the intended stated purpose of processing the data.
In the event that we sell or reorganise our business, or if otherwise required by law or by an authorised regulator, we may transfer your personal data as a part of the general business data to the relevant parties.
Where is my data going to be stored?
IT World Insights will not transfer your personal data to any country outside the European Union (EU) other than those that have been granted an adequacy decision under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We may be required to transfer your personal data to organisations that intend to transfer the data outside the EU. Where such transfers of data take place, we shall ensure that contracts are in place between the parties involved that ensure the recipient organisation has a suitable standard of data protection in place.
How long will we keep your data for?
We will keep your personal data only for as long as required in order to achieve the purposes for which it was gathered, in line with this privacy notice.
For determining when personal data should be erased we shall take into consideration the amount of and sensitivity of the personal data we have, the amount of harm that could be caused by a data breach, the benefits of the purposes the data is being used for and any legal requirements that we are bound to.
You may request that we erase your personal data at any time, though in cases where there is a remaining relevant or legal reason why we are required to keep the data we may opt to restrict the amount of processing being conducted to what is absolutely necessary in line with your legal rights in order to minimise the impact the processing will have.
Your Rights, Our Responsibility
There are several rights granted to you immediately upon providing us with your personal information; some of these are mentioned above. We’d like you to know that at IT World Insights we take your rights as a Natural Person seriously and will always conduct ourselves in a way that is considerate of our responsibility to serve your legal rights.
You have the Right of Access
This grants you the right to confirm whether or not your personal data is being processed, and to be provided with relevant details of what those processing operations are and what personal data of yours is being processed.
If you would like access to the personal data we have about you, we ask that you contact us by using any of the details below.
The Right to Rectification
This one is fairly straightforward; if you notice that the data we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request we rectify the mistake. We will make every effort to respond to requests of this type immediately.
The Right to Objection
The right to object is a basic freedom all democracies enjoy. If you wish to object to the way we use or have used, your personal data you may do so freely.
The Right to Portability
This is a legal right afforded to you that states we must pass on all of the details you have provided to us in a machine-readable format, either to you or to another provider of your choosing.
The General Data Protection Regulation was created to unite principles of data privacy within Europe.
Data Protection used to be subject to every single country in the EU which has led to remarkable differences. This situation will now be changed by a unique law that applies equally to each EU Member State.
IT World Insights is committed to our continued efforts to provide the best services possible to our clients, which includes compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including GDPR.
IT World Insights has also started a partnership with a platform provider whereby all leads generated within the EU will be stored on a server within the EU and will be accessible directly by our clients. This is to prevent personal information from being transferred outside of the EU.
If you have any specific concerns that you would like to address, please let us know and we are happy to discuss them in person or on a call.
By accessing and using this Website, the visitors to the Website (“Users”) accept the following terms and conditions, without limitation or qualification.
- The term IT World Insights shall refer to IT World Insights and its group companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this Website including, but not limited to, the text and images contained herein and their arrangement are the property of IT World Insights. All trademarks used or referred to on this Website are the property of their respective owners.
- Nothing contained in this Website shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to any copyright, patent, trademark or other proprietary interest of IT World Insights or any third party.
- This Website and the content provided herein, may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, without the prior written consent of IT World Insights.
- The information provided on this Website is free of charge and for informational purposes only and does not create a business or professional services relationship between the User and IT World Insights. Links on this Website may lead to services or sites not operated by IT World Insights. No judgment or warranty is made with respect to such other services or sites and IT World Insights takes no responsibility for such other sites or services. A link to another site or service is not an endorsement of that site or service. Any use you make of the information provided on this site, or any site or service linked to by this Website, is at the User’s own risk.
- This Website and its contents are provided “as is” and IT World Insights makes no representation or warranty of any kind with respect to this Website or any site or service accessible through this site. IT World Insights expressly disclaims all express and implied warranties including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
- In no event will either IT World Insights be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, consequential, or other damages (including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data) without regard to the form of action, and whether in contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with this Website, any content accessed on this Website or through this Website or any site service linked to, or any copying, displaying, or use thereof.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise herein, any information submitted by the Users through this Website shall be deemed non-confidential and non-proprietary. The Users represent that they have the lawful right to submit such information and agree that they will not submit any information unless they are legally entitled to do so. Because of the open nature of the Internet, it is recommend that the Users do not submit information they consider confidential.
- IT World Insights may terminate the User’s access at any time for any reason. The provisions regarding disclaimer of warranty, the accuracy of information and indemnification shall survive such termination. IT World Insights may monitor access to the Website.
- IT World Insights may change or discontinue any aspect of its Website at any time, including, its content or features. IT World Insights reserves the right to change the terms and conditions applicable for use of the Website. Such changes shall be effective immediately upon notice, which shall be placed on the Website.
- User agrees to indemnify, defend and hold IT World Insights harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to any misuse by the User of the content and services provided on the Website.
- The information contained on the Website has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable. IT World Insights disclaims all warranties implied or otherwise as to the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of such information.
- The User’s right to privacy is of paramount importance to IT World Insights. Any information provided by the User will not be shared with any third party. IT World Insights
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian Laws. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Mumbai. The Users are responsible for complying with the laws of the jurisdiction from which they are accessing this Website and they agree that they will not access or use the information on this Website in violation of such laws.
IT World Insights Online Limited (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://www.itworldinsights.com website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Service – Service is the https://www.itworldinsights.com website operated by IT World Insights
Personal Data – Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data – Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies – Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Controller – Data Controller means the natural or legal person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal information are, or are to be, processed.
Data Processors (or Service Providers) – Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User) – Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and Use – We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
IT World Insights uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
IT World Insights may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
IT World Insights will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
IT World Insights may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of IT World Insights
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. IT World Insightsaims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where IT World Insights relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), provide the Service on our behalf, perform Service-related services or assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.